In the Fullerton School District, we have a progressive superintendent who values autonomy, choice, and reflection. This year, Dr. Bob Pletka offered three pathways of evaluation for principals. Each principal was able to choose to fill out the traditional evaluation forms, participate in a "gamified" evaluation process through 3D GameLabs, or start a website to house regular reflections of practice. All of us are reporting on similar goals in a fashion that best meets our needs. I absolutely love that I get to work in an environment that values innovation.
"Learning to Lead with Grace and Grit" was born from the idea of finding space in my life to make time for reflection. I love that I am getting "credit" for it from my boss as well. Below are the goals that I will be addressing throughout this school year.
ADMINISTRATOR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES 2015-2016
1. Beechwood School will reduce the percentage of "students not yet proficient" by 20% as measured by the CAASPP for Language Arts. Our baseline proficiency rate for the school as a whole was 76%. Therefore, our goal is for our overall proficiency rate on the 15-16 CAASPP to be 81%. By May 2016, at each grade level, a minimum of 80% of students will demonstrate proficiency on each of the 6 identified Essential Standards. Any student not demonstrating proficiency will participate in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 intervention to address the deficit. In addition, Beechwood will be piloting the Lucy Calkins prompts for each of the three writing genres. We will score these on-demand pieces using the Lucy Calkins rubrics. While we do not yet have baseline data for comparison, we will aim for all students to score an overall 3 or higher.
2. The above goal holds true for Math as well. Beechwood School will reduce the percentage of "students not yet proficient" by 20% as measured by the CAASPP for Mathematics. Our baseline proficiency rate for the school as a whole was 67%. Therefore, our goal is for our overall proficiency rate on the 15-16 CAASPP to be 74%. By May 2016, at each grade level, a minimum of 80% of students will demonstrate proficiency on each of the 6 identified Essential Standards. Any student not demonstrating proficiency will participate in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 intervention to address the deficit.
3. Classroom Walkthroughs will be conducted on a regular basis with the goal of every classroom once per week. Data will be collected and feedback given to teachers via a Google Form that automatically emails the teachers at minimum of twice per month.
4. Each grade level will develop 6 Essential Standards in the areas of both English Language Arts and Math. Teams will determine examples of rigor, prerequisite skills, common assessments, a Marzano scale or rubric, and extension activities. Student progress for each standard will be tracked and reported.
5. Professional Learning Community (PLC) teams will meet twice per week, submit notes weekly, and adhere to the PLC cycle as evidenced by the PLC notes.
6. We will systematically meet the needs of all students through a well developed RtI System. Progress towards this goals will be measured by the number of students attending Tier 2 and Tier 3 Interventions, the number of intervention rounds completed in the year, the percentage of students demonstrating appropriate progress in interventions, as well as our overall proficiency rates on District Benchmarks for ELA and Math.
7. We will create a positive school culture as evidenced by our overall school attendance rate, participation rates at school/PTSA/Foundation functions, as well as a reduction of incidents of bullying, suspension, and other disciplinary issues.
8. We will provide exemplary customer service to our community as evidenced by the School Site Climate Survey.
I am looking forward to having a positive impact on the Beechwood campus by systematically pursuing each of the above goals!